The little things..

Well it all started with my roomate spring cleaning.So he was sweeping to the door so i opened up the room door for him.And out of the blue he pauses and sweeps under my table and bed too.

Now you see that got me thinking.How much we under appreciate some people.I mean i had this sudden surge of gratitude for this guys lil' effort.We barely say a word and he's my only roommate.But hell that was a real powerful gesture.Going out of your way to do someone a favor that they didn't even ask for.

Then i started thinking back.How many times have i bitched about how he never closes the room window net and let the lil' green sonsobitches bugs get in.Or picking the oddest times to use the LAN connection.And guilt is a feeling that lingers girls and boys and appears when you least expect it.

Perhaps I'll stand up for the guy more.People here in AIMST can be mean.Poor roommate has a fake Facebook account set up to humiliate him with people writing all manner of nasty shit.Thats just bad.These are medic people for pete's sake.Deep down I can relate to the guy.I used to be the fat,bullied kid too.You know it sucks to be picked on 'cause your social skills suck.Sucks to have people judge you for being a loner.Though i had a growth spurt and lost all the baby fat in highschool but deep down you never lose the fat nerd inside.

I guess sometimes you have to go out of your way to do someone a favor.You never know how much of an effect it has on that person.How much it can provoke the mind.

3 comments:

chelseaorange said...

ugh you're turning into a big sap. cox will cringe at your openness in expressing your feelings.

(kidding lah, KIDDING)

but you're right. ask the guy out for lunch once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Hey there.
I'm a random reader that accidentally clicked her way here. But I'm from AIMST too. Great to hear that ur gonna be nicer to ur roomie. Being in AIMST can be a bitch sometimes. Lol. Btw, nice blog :)

-cheerz

Anonymous said...

Halo.. Saw your blog link in your facebook.. So was just simply reading a post. Picked a nice one actually.. Aimst suck. So are the people here. Horrible. Thank god I'm ending foundation in a while more..! But great that you've noticed how great your roomate is. Though some times it can be pretty annoying. =D All the best!