Mistakes...

I'm caged in indifferent bars,
Clutching perpetual scars,
Trying to avoid mistakes,
While passing these speeding cars.

The bridge is not to far away,
But will I make the leap?
I've made so many mistakes before,
It haunts my halted sleep.

I sat at crossroads long before,
An image I've always abhorred,
The roads that I have taken,
Have only sown discord.

I've only given tears,
Fuelled her every fears,
Spent my life a-wasting,
My mirror filled with smears.

So at the bridge I'll hesitate,
But I will crash at the bend,
And as i fall straight down below,
Then my mistakes will end.

-To those of us who have always made the wrong choices;hurt the people that we love-

Regards,
Jeremy Ryan De Silva

3 comments:

Steph^^ said...

: (

Sabrina said...

It is as beautifully written as it is dark. I like how I felt sad after reading this. Don't know if this sounds appropriate but Great Job Jeremy.*slashes wrists* =].

chelseaorange said...

this is some good shit.

so does this mean you cannot call me emo anymore