For my mother


I hope i'm just in time i pray ,

To get a gift for mother's day,

I thought i'd make it up to you, im not home you see,

I have exams due.

I want to gift the sky and stars,

But that' s not sold in Madura's,

To send you all that my heart has,

(Sigh) But that's not stocked in IBS.

Perhaps something from Central Square,

To show the world how much i care,

Perhaps something from Queensbay,

Would suit this very special day.

But nothings seems to fit just right,

A brand new shiny stove? Not quite,

I puzzled wondering what to do,

The perfect gift to give to you.

And then it dawned on me, you see,

My gift to you shall always be,

To grow up like you'd want me to,

Brave, strong, honest, true.

With humble hands that seek the Lord,

A prayerful man that walks with God,

My gift to you shall always be,

Your legacy that dwells in me.

0 comments: